Tuesday 9 June 2009

Autobiographicalacation

Obviously, 'autobiographicalacation' is not a real word. But it sounds quite nice, and isn't that what writing, for the most part, is about? To break it to you, there's no such thing as a 'heffalump' either...

My first follower has highlighted the absence of an introduction to myself here at London Crush Hour. My apologies - at first, I thought better than to bore you with details of myself. But, now that I think about it, it might well be interesting for you to know a little more about me.

A Cambridge graduate, with an adoration for communication, observation and general ridiculousness, I moved to the country's capital in October last year. Not the greatest move, some might say, especially considering the crushing problems the Recession has set across every major city in the world: but my move nonetheless.

Being forced to reconsider my options as I received my first redundancy two months' into my first "real" job, I decided that I wasn't really looking for money. And so I have followed the dream - although it keeps me on a relatively shoe-string budget. I am now working for a publishing house based in Kensington: glamorous, I like to think. I am formally employed as an editor (with its fair share of writing and ghostwriting, of course!) and work in my dream environment.

Personal life? Well, we all have our kinks :) I'm a dater but not a relationshipist - partly because I can't find anyone mad enough to actually commit to something more serious. I follow the Epicurean philosophy of enjoying myself as much as possible but never at the detriment of others - a practice which took a little while to perfect, but now I'm there.

And, well, that's me in a nutshell really.

As I said to open - this blog is about social observation and commentary. London is so vibrant and so full of different people in different walks of life - when the only life you can ever live is your own, surely you should keep your mind open to even begin to understand those of others.

- Ann Observer

No comments:

Post a Comment